Did you know that around 75% of residential and over 40% of commercial and industrial buildings are designed by building designers?* Here are just some of the great reasons why you should choose a building designer:
- Here are just some of the great reasons why you should choose a building designer:
Building designers are experienced in the full range of building design services and we can help you through the complex maze of design and documentation, for example:
- Calling tenders;
- Council submissions;
- Contract management; and
- The actual construction process.
- If your builder prepares your plans, your builder owns the copyright. This prevents you from calling tenders, and you are stuck with only one quotation! Building designers can SAVE you up to tens of thousands of dollars by simply having more than one builder quote on your design; this creates competition between the builders and they will try much harder to win your project. If you sign directly with a builder, they are not competing for your work so they can charge as they wish, leaving you with no opportunity to call for other quotes.
- Every building site is unique, presenting its own problems and possibilities. As design specialists, the building designer’s role is to design a home that suits the client’s needs, while overcoming the site’s problems and making the most of the possibilities rather than what is easiest for the builder to construct.
- Building designers are trained to write detailed specifications and material selection schedule, making it easy for the builder to provide an accurate quote. You can have peace of mind knowing that you won’t encounter unanticipated costs at the end of the job.
- Builders are not designers; they do not have any formal training in design. There are a lot of award winning builders out there, but that’s for their construction ability not their design ability. By using a designer first you can have access to multiple award winning builders for quoting your job.
- Building designers undertake continuing Professional Development so that we keep up to date with the ongoing changes in building design and technology. Building designers are also governed by a strict code of ethics.
- Building designers focus on quality, creative design and cost efficiency.
*Building Designers Association of Queensland, www.bdaq.com.au.